Taking Your Bearings - The Stock Take
- Has the organisation audited and understood its competitive environment
and market position?
- Has it fully appreciated the expectations of stakeholders and its statutory
- Has it identified its key resources, capabilities and sources of competitive
- What headline strategies are in place to shape and protect the organisation's
future and does each strategy have specific board sponsorship?
- Are board members clear about their individual and collective accountabilities
and the way these contribute to organisational performance?
- Is there a rigorous annual review of organisational, board and individual
performance and is this clearly reported?
- Is each director's development linked with the company strategy and business
- Is the organisation clear about each director’s capability and
- Does each director have a development plan that they have been personally
involved in creating?
- Are key strategic projects used to develop current and future board members
and the business?
- Do directors have access to the opportunities and resources they need
for effective development?
- Are all directors actively involved in the development of others?